7 Steps to selling to women
Dear Lovely Business Owner,
Re: 7 Steps to selling to Women.
Let me explain why this is important first…
Women feel vastly underserved. Despite the remarkable strides in market power and social position that they have made in the past century, they still appear to be undervalued in the marketplace and underestimated in the workplace. They have too many demands on their time and constantly juggle conflicting priorities—work, home, and family. Few companies have responded to their need for time-saving solutions or for products and services designed specifically for them.”
Michael J Silverstein & Kate Sayre -Harvard Business Review
Yet they both go onto state that women..
“Represent a growth market bigger than China and India combined—more than twice as big, in fact. Given those numbers, it would be foolish to ignore or underestimate the female consumer. And yet many companies do just that, even ones that are confident they have a winning strategy when it comes to women.”
All of this stems from relationships and Business is of course about relationships, and women and men typically relate very differently.
Here’s a brief outline my 7 Keys to Selling to Women™ for you to speak to her more effectively to increase your conversion with her and tap into her huge buying power.
Right now you’re clear let’s get cracking hey..
- She needs to like you to buy from you, so it’s Business First, Relationship Second. I kid you not; typically a woman needs to like you before you parts with her cash. So, you need to create emotional connection with her first. Keep on reading on how to do this 🙂
2. She takes much longer at the start of the buying process. This might drive a few of you up the wall at times, it’s so true. You ask around or survey your clients, and you will discover that your female clients typically take much longer to buy than you male clients! Why so Carrie? She asks so many questions, and she tends to be a lot more thorough about her purchases and tends to do so much more research… and because… see number
3 .She shares instinctively. So, when you are selling to her, you are actually selling to her and her family, her friends and well anyone who she feels would benefit from your products or services. Seriously. Women naturally will let her tribe about something good and equally something to avoid! So, that’s one of the key reasons why she takes so much longer at the start of the buying process, but really it means too that by spending time with her you are actually investing your Business growth at the same time!!
4. She loves and indeed needs all the DETAILS. Honestly, this is so true, about well everything. Even her ‘skinny’ or short story about something is often too much information for most men, typically who just want her to get to the point!! Women love all the details, so do not worry about going into detail when describing something as she LOVES and NEEDS it!!
5. Wrap up facts and figures about your Business in an emotional story, is a much better way to speak to her and to create emotional connection enough for her to want to buy from you. And of course put in LOTS OF DETAILS!!! Men tend to prefer cold, hard facts and figures with as little emotion as possible with particular reference to performance, unsure why.. am kidding.. 🙂
6. She values the chance to give you feedback! Women just adore this, and you know after their in depth research and very typically will give you amazing suggestions and feedback on your products and services. Maybe it is quite simply because when they start their long process of getting to know you, they talk about you to their tribe or team and so they come up with little bits of feedback which for you and your Business are like gold dust really!!
7. She has so much more verbal capacity than men – ie she loves and needs to talk! For you in your Business this means that you just talk to her and then just LISTEN. She will truly value and respect you for listening to her, and feel safe and want to buy from you!
This post of my 7 Keys to Selling to Women™ gives you an insight into why it is important to recognise that women need to be marketed and sold to very differently to men. There is much more detail and depth on my course, OF COURSE!
I know you are very busy, running the day-to-day activities for your Business, and already have a heavy workload so you have not got hours and hours left at your disposal to learn all about this subject so that you can convert more female buyers.
You can of course learn about how to sell and market to women the slow way; using trial and error taking some of what I have shared today or you can do it quickly with my 7 Keys to Selling to Women™ course!
Only 100 Slots available until the price increases from £197 to £397!!
Grab Version 1.0 here for just £197, for the first 100 :
I look forward to hearing your feedback and any questions.
Wishing you well,
Love Carrie x
Great list!! I especially believe number 3 is the turning point for selling to women!!! If the love what they buy they can’t help themselves, they have to tell everyone!!!
Robyn, thanks very much 🙂 It really is isn’t it!!